Saturday, January 8, 2011

sin and repentance

Over dinner, I told my family, 'I feel that a lot of good food can be analogous to SIN and REPENTANCE.'






You see, on a plate of nasi lemak, you get the glorious coconut rice, the irresistible sambal, the perfectly boiled egg, and the crispy ikan bilis. Wayyy too sinful. You don't just eat the all rice and sambal in a go right? You take small little breaks in between, by repenting with the yucky peanuts. Right?

With ORH JIAN, you have the succulent oysters, but you repent by forcing in some fried eggs in between your sinful indulgences.

Asam laksa? Pineapple repentance.

Ais kacang? Gross colourful jelly repentance.

Sometimes I'm not sure what I'm talking about.















You know, after all that, I still wasn't full.

Maybe to some people, everything on a plate is sin.

No comments:

older posts

videos

recently updated blogs