Sunday, August 14, 2011

moon painting

Yes, this is what I shall call it. Moon painting.



It all started when I heard about the Perseids Meteor Shower. I drove around Point Cook and Werribee South to look for a perfect spot to view the night sky. Sadly, on the night when the meteor shower was supposed to peak, it was too cloudy for me to see anything. But I DID find out that there's a beach not too far from where I live.




Tonight, HOWEVER, after a birthday dinner in the city, I drove home and stopped by the same spot again. IT WAS A CLEAR NIGHT. The stars were beautiful.



No, I didn't get to see any meteors. It's not supposed to be very visible from Melbourne. I think East Asia's the best. But I did enjoy some good ol time alone in the freezing weather, snapping photos of the night.



No prizes for guessing who this is for.




This was done with moon painting too!

I love nights like these.

On the way back, I thought I saw a shooting star as I looked at the northern sky. Maybe it was a plane. Maybe it was nothing.

But I want to believe it was a shooting star.

No comments:

older posts

videos

recently updated blogs