Wednesday, January 20, 2010

kedai kopi yee fung

On the morning we were supposed to leave for Dinawan Island, we thought we'd get breakfast on Gaya Street, where the morning market was. We left the hotel at about 7.30am.

The place was called Kedai Kopi Yee Fung, packed like sardines. People would be standing at your table waiting for you to slurp that last strand of noodle, which was really pressurising.




The famous item here is the laksa. It's kinda like Kuching Laksa (aka Sarawak Laksa), but modified, probably with more coconut milk.



Needless to say, it was excellent. My tummy doesn't like breakfast unless you're feeding it something really good, and the laksa certainly made it to my tummy.



My dad had the beef noodles. I didn't taste it, but I reckon it's pretty darn good too.



One thing about the place though, it's sooooooo noisy! Everyone's shouting orders everywhere, and it never stops. It's way louder than your typical chinese restaurant.




Just when I thought, "how do they hear each other?" I saw this..



Pretty cool for a place like this ei?



Like all chinese relatives, we gotta fight to pay. Gotta love that!

No comments:

older posts

videos

recently updated blogs