Tuesday, January 19, 2010

in loving memory of amber

I was 10. I remember begging dad for a dog.

In the month of September 1998, we went to SPCA and chose her, put her in a box and brought her home. She was a puppy then. We didn't know when she was born, but celebrated her birthday on Merdeka day each year, August 31st.

We've only just returned from a 4 day vacation. My dad went in the kitchen and came out with his hand on his head.

"Amber is dead"

I was frozen in shock.



I miss the way you'd come to me when I call, and when you don't. I miss the way you'd cuddle in between my legs and sit down so I can pat you. I miss our tug-o-wars. I love how you'd sit upon command eventhough we never really trained you. I miss the way our food in the kitchen disappears.

You'll always be remembered. We love you.

2 comments:

Bboy Rice said...

it's an heartache to see your dog pass away, may she rest in peace, and hope you'll feel better soon k.. :)

wei xiong said...

thanks bro! i see you're a dog lover too!

older posts

videos

recently updated blogs