Monday, July 25, 2011

chasing colours

As I pushed the door, it was a breath of fresh air. It's 5 o'clock. And I've been in there since 9am.

It's the first day of the 2nd week and already, my mind is messing with me. The orange tint in the sky lifted my spirits a little, and I walked a little bit faster to the car as the drizzle started to wet my glasses. And then I looked up.



There she was. I knew He was telling me that everything was okay. I drove out as my friend honked at me from behind and smiled, while Green Day was hoping I had the time of my life on the radio. It was like I wanted to pause time and stay there for a while. Just a little while before I dive back into reality.



I smiled as I drove home, with the sun-rays flickering through the trees on the side of the road, and onto my face. It was warm and I felt at peace. It almost put me to tears for no apparent reason. Kinda reminded me of that guy on YouTube.

The drive home was one with paddocks on both sides, vast pieces of land that stretched to the horizon. The rainbow became more vibrant, and I started to see a second one. I shouted with excitement, as the end of the rainbow followed me on my left as I drove. It was amazing. I could see its whole length, end to end, and I knew I had to get my camera. My phone didn't have a wide angle lens :(

Sunset was imminent, and I prayed for the rainbow to stay. I got my camera and quickly took a shot as the rainbow faded.



I still had hope that the sun would break through the clouds again for me to take a shot. I drove out halfway to uni, and parked at the side of the road.



She didn't return.



That was what was left of her. I was quite sad, but glad to have seen it with my own eyes. This all sounds silly as I'm typing this, a guy talking about chasing rainbows. I can't even explain it now. But I knew I had to write this down.



This is a photo from my phone when she was flaunting her vivid hues.

1 comment:

Kok Ming said...

Yes, God is just reminding you that He is there for you, always.

older posts

videos

recently updated blogs